Apparel Brand Seeks Executive Assistant & Doer – 20-25 hours per week
We live for the hustle of women and girls who work and play, and who empower others to do so.
Southwind Brands is the owner of two well established apparel brands: Southwind Apparel and Spunkwear. We are dedicated to helping our customers experience their best living yet. We are fashion that active women and girls can live in, and we believe in making time to enjoy life passions.
We are a small company that values the impact that each teammate makes, and we value the input and ideas that everyone brings to the table. As we look at avenues to help the brand move forward, we are also looking for thinkers who aren’t afraid to be outside the box, relish in creativity and are eager to develop an exciting brand. We all wear different hats, but we love how each hat looks on us because it means we get to expand our skillset and try new things. We believe in managing a range of projects but need to drive each to completion.
In this role we are seeking a self-driven, highly organized, reliable, resourceful, and proactive individual to assist the owner in day-to-day task and projects. That list will vary based on the tasks at hand, your interests, your skillset, and what is best for the growth of both you and the company. We want you to grow with us, as you will be integral in the development of Southwind Brands.
Key job responsibilities
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items (including meeting notes and action items)
- Manage complex calendars and scheduling
- Organize, prioritize, and appropriately handle time-sensitive, confidential information and ensure action required is addressed in a timely manner
- Provide communication materials to sales team to support account needs
- Communicate with vendors and track order placement
- Ongoing research
- Assist in Marketing and Public Relations, including research, PR and both internal and external communication.
Who you are:
- You aren’t afraid to take on a challenge. We are looking for those who gravitate towards a project or problem and take ownership of it, take pride in the outcome, and aren’t afraid to fail as they learn.
- You get it done. Life's too short to spend too much time on any one project. You will take pride in getting things done and checking things off your list. You also pay keen attention to detail, which helps ensure you provide quality end-products.
- You’re honest- 'nuff said.
- You are hungry to learn. It is exciting to take on new challenges and learn new things. We will add employees and resources when needed, but you’re not afraid to oftentimes take the initiative to teach new skills to yourself on the fly.
Think this opportunity might be a great fit for you? We are excited to hear from you! If you are interested in this type of established yet growing brand, don’t be shy, reach out. While this description is fun, light, and flexible, this should not be taken as lack of focus and direction. We have clear, aggressive growth goals laid out over the next 3 years.
Sure, you will be paid - but this role would be best suited for someone who can share in seeing the brand vision and our 3-year plan. As we progress towards our goals there will be plenty of growth, fun, rewards, and supporting you and your career. We are all in this together and our successes and our failures are felt by the whole company, so we care about our teammates.
- Ability to work 20-25 hours per week (M-F) in office
- High level of proficiency in Excel
How to apply:
For employment consideration, please submit a short cover letter (or video clip) telling us why this role interests you, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: we are prioritizing applicants with a high level of commitment to finding the right job fit. Therefore, we are focusing our review of applicants to ones which include either a cover letter or video with their resumes.